Tuesday, July 15, 2008

FO Parade: Seahawks-Inspired Danica

I've finally finished all of my Christmas knitting... from last Christmas.

I've posted before about making Danica for my mom to accompany a pair of gloves and a hat to keep her warm at the Seahawks games, and I'm very pleased to say that it's all blocked and ready to be mailed.


Danica completed


Start-End: Jan 1-27, 2008
Pattern: Danica by Jesse Loesberg
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft Aran in SH008, SH004, SH006
Needles: KnitPicks US 8/5.0 mm
New-to-me Techniques: Entrelac
Modifications: I wanted a wider scarf, but instead of adding an extra column of diamonds, I changed the number of base triangle stitches to 16, instead of 10.

Despite having a lot of ends to weave in, I really enjoyed this pattern. I found entrelac to be a lot of fun - simple enough that you can still watch a movie, but with enough complexity that you don't get bored. I also loved working with this yarn. It's the type of yarn that is spendy enough I would likely never have bought it, but when you get it at 75% discount (due to a store closing) you grab what you can.

When blocking this scarf, I decided to try blocking wires. I found a few stainless steel wires at a local welding supply, and enjoyed how quick and easy the process was.


Blocking Danica


I already have plans to knit this pattern again, perhaps playing with the arrangement of color blocks.

3 Comments:

Sherral said...

I just discovered your blog and I love it- I'll definitely be checking in to see what else you're working on, so keep it up!

Linda said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Work is improving as each week passes.
I love the scarf. And the hooded baby blanket is a great idea especially for a baby in the PNW. I have a new family addition arriving portland in October and this might be just the thing! You are truly a fearless knitter. Linda

Unknown said...

Hello! I am Inés from Abuelita Yarns Company. I loved your scarf, it had a tridimentional aspect! The colors and pattern were great!
We are a uruguaian brand which sells yarns. If you want to know more about us please enter www.abuelitayarns.com or if you wish to see our articles and pictures enter www.abuelitayarns.com/blog/
Good luck! :D

|