Saturday, January 19, 2008

Christmas Knitting - Part 2

Knowing that my parents heads would stay warm and toasty while watching the Seahawks games, I thought they could stand to have some warm hands as well...

THE GLOVES


Fetching for Mom


Pattern: Fetching by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft Aran in Haze (#00004)
Needles: (KnitPicks Options) Used 5.0mm needles for cabled wrist portion, switched to 4.5mm for the next 6 rows and then 3.75mm needles to the thumb opening. Worked the remainder of the gloves in 4.5mm needles.
Notes: I put 20 rows of ribbing between cable and thumb opening instead of 18. I think if I was to make these again, I would find away to make the cuff section longer by a couple inches to cover the wrist/lower arms a bit better. I would also leave off the picot binding. While it's nice, it's just not my thing :)

This pattern was really fun and quick to work up. It was my second cabling project, and I still am thrilled with how slick cables are. Perhaps I'm a bit too easily amused...


Dashing for Dad


Start/End: December 10-22, 2007
Pattern: Dashing by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft Aran in Tornado (#00008)
Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm)
Notes: For these, I worked each glove to the first cable, then transferred the stitches to two circular needles so that I could work both gloves at the same time. For some reason, I just couldn't wrap my head around how to start both gloves on two circs, but this worked just as well. I also only worked 16 rows after the thumb holes instead of 18 as the gloves seemed to be getting a bit long.

I haven't yet decided where my Christmas knitting recap will go next, so stay tuned and be surprised!

0 Comments:

|