Thursday, January 31, 2008

On a very blustery day...

I’m a 4 seasons kinda gal. I love fall color, spring buds, winter chill and summer warmth equally. After living in Southern California for a couple years, a move to the UK, and a return to seasons, has been a welcome change. In some ways, I feel as though I am rediscovering the seasons when I wake up one morning and notice a fallen leaf, or a brighter morning.

I’m not ready for spring yet. I say that at a great risk of being outcast, as most people I encounter on a daily basis have turned complaining about the weather into an art form. For my part, I’m perfectly content to have a few more weeks of cold dreariness (it’s great for curling up with a good movie and knitting the day away!).


Almost spring flowers


Nevertheless, I know spring is right around the corner, and while I’m not ready for spring just yet, I will be by the time these bloom. Until then, they’re a great reminder that time is fleeting and seasons are cyclical. I will relish what is left of winter, then enjoy spring, summer, and fall until winter returns again.

1 Comment:

Linda said...

I agree, I love all 4 seasons and in Oregon I even love the winter rains. Here in Sicily we're having a winter-spring with bright sunny days and cool winds. I haven't even had the heat on in 3 weeks. I keep thinking it's spring but the guys at work remind me that this really is winter.
Thanks for the links. I know I'll be checking them all out.

|