Thursday, February 7, 2008

Success

There has been knitting lately, albeit at a much slower pace than I would like. This has been a very busy week for me. Mr. Tall and I both managed to get sick, with different bugs. While he has apparently been resistant to whatever I brought home, I can't say the same for myself :( This is also my last week at OldJob, which has proved to be very draining, especially given that I don't quite feel 100%.

But the main cause of stress this week has been my UK driving test. Thankfully, this morning I won that battle.


I passed!


I was really worried that I was going to fail this test the first time around. This is largely due to:

  1. The higher percentage of people who fail this test the first time.

  2. The differences in UK and US driving requirements

  3. That I've developed bad driving habits over the (almost) 14 years since I have taken a driving test

  4. That my driving instructor, while well-meaning, made me MORE nervous and MORE paranoid than any human should be.


Still, this morning I was relieved the moment I saw my examiner. He was one of those people you look at and immediately know that everything is going to be o.k. - a proper older English gentleman, complete with tweed cap and jolly disposition. In the end, I survived having only incurred 3 out of the allowed 15 minor faults.

I feel much better now that I can legally drive in the UK again, and am looking forward to a quiet weekend of R&R and knitting before I start NewJob on Monday!

1 Comment:

The Spaids said...

Passed your test! That's great. I don't know that I could pass the WA state test again - I've picked up SO many bad habits living in Nashville. Driver's Ed is not required here - people are the worst drivers you've ever seen. Insane!

|