Thursday, May 24, 2007

PSA: Delayed Eye Candy Friday

Eye Candy Friday will be delayed this week. I had hoped to tempt you all with being able to watch my first mini-sweater, from beginning to end. I have a NIP - neice-in-progress. She is scheduled to make her debut into the world at the end of July, and I have every intention of knitting her a sweater and a stuffed toy.

Alas, I am still in search of the perfect yarn. My sister-in-law has declared that NIP will be bathed in pink and nothing but, and I'm trying to honor her wishes as best I can - my aversion to pink is similar to most knitters aversion to acrylic. I have settled on knitting the Matinee Coat from Debbie Bliss's Simply Baby, and the Elephant Toy from Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

Initially, I was going to knit both projects in pink, but for my own sanity I have decided to knit the elephant in purple instead - a purple pachyderm if you will. As far as finding a decent pink goes, I'm at a loss. Most pinks I find are nearly fluorescent or of a pepto-bismol hue, neither of which is very appealing to me.

As such, I have a couple more shops to visit as I continue to search for the right pink... stay tuned.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey--what weight yarn do you need for the sweater? I've found a worsted-weight yarn I really like for baby sweaters here, made by a mill in PA. It's a combo of cotton and acrylic (so, washable but not scratchy) and the colors are light without being washed-out pastels.

If you Google "little lehigh" and add "yarn" you should be able to find the colors online...I can send you some if you like :)

|