Sunday, December 9, 2007

FO: Sweet Serenity

Since I've started knitting, I've noticed that I take an active interest in other's clothing. I'm at the point where I'll rubberneck if an attractive sweater passes me by, regardless as to who is wearing it. I think you can only imagine my embarrassment when I'm caught.

Isn't that the way it is though? When you become more involved in something, you become aware of it, it permeates your life and seeps into your everyday existence.

Now, seemingly non sequitur: I'm a band geek. I was in my college and high school marching bands, and loved most every minute of it.

Just as I have picked up a hypersensitivity to knitted goods, I am also much more sensitive to marching bands. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but as I mentioned earlier, I married a USC fan.

For those not in the know, USC has an annoying band. Sure, their musicianship is quite good, but still, annoying. This is largely due to their fight song, "Fight On". Most bands in the Pac-10 will tell you that the USC fight song goes "This is the only song we know, and we play it all the time", and for good reason.

In our home, between the game-watching and PlayStation playing, my poor sensitivity to the oft-heard USC fight song puts me in a state of constant torment (ok, it's not that bad, but don't tell Mr. Tall that). My work around to this is to put in a pair of headphones and tune out USC in favor of something more appealing.

I decided to knit up a little carrying case for my headphones, to keep the end table tidy, and to try my hand designing something completely from scratch.


Sweet Serenity


Not only is this my first design, it will be the last FO I share until after Christmas. There is much knitting going on, but I just can't quite share it all yet.


Sweet Serenity


Project Details:
Pattern: My own! I will gladly write this up as a free pattern if there is any interest. If so, drop a comment and let me know. This fits a pair of headphones, but could also work as a small wallet or cell phone/iPod cozy.
Yarn: Home "Island Multi" purchased from Manor Department store, Switzerland
Needles: KnitPicks Options in US4 (3.5 mm)

0 Comments:

|