Thursday, July 31, 2008

Another FO: Reversible Brioche Scarf

My other final finished Christmas Gift (again, last Christmas) is this scarf made for my dad, again to accompany the gloves and hat, all to keep him warm at Seahawks games.


Reversible Brioche Scarf


Start-End: Feb 18 - Mar 8, 2008
Pattern: Reversible Brioche Scarf by Lori Law. I found the directions on The Brioche Stitch much clearer for the brioche stitch itself.
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft Aran in SH008 and SH006
Needles: US7/4.5 mm
New-to-Me Techniques: Brioche stitch

I can't recommend The Brioche Stitch website enough for anything to do with the brioche stitch. The site contains directions and color pictures of many different variations. Much like entrelac, I found the brioche stitch to be a lot of fun once you got the pattern down. I did make a couple mistakes, and found it very difficult to rip back, so there are more "design features" in this than I would normally like.


Brioche up close


This is another pattern I may do again. The knitted fabric is very warm and cushy.

3 Comments:

Sherral said...

I've never even heard of this technique, but it looks great! Thanks for broadening my horizons!

Sherral said...

Hey, I just started my own knitting blog. There's not much there yet, but feel free to check it out. :0]

Linda said...

Sonja...we miss you. I hope all is well and that you're knitting away on your very beautiful projects. Linda

|