Thursday, November 22, 2007

Post-Harrogate Coma

The Knitting and Stitching Show was great. I met a lot of great people, got into some really great conversations, and started my love affair with Habu Yarns.

As much as I want to show off my new goodies, I'll have to wait to photograph them this weekend. The days are short enough that I don't really have usable daylight during the work week - tomorrow, the sun will rise at 7:42 a.m., and set at 3:53 p.m. This is the downside of those lovely long summer nights we were enjoying not too long ago.

Susoolu was kind enough to give me a lift to Harrogate, and I think I scared her a bit with my reaction when I saw this:


Cattlemen's Association Restaurant


See, my Brother-in-Law started a love affair with Cattlemen's Restaurant while he was in college, and I wondered if they could be one and the same. Could this British restaurant actually have a woman who roams the restaurant with a cast-iron kettle of baked beans? The answer is no, but it was great hearing BIL's reaction when I told him that there might be the possibility.

I've got much more to share from the show, and I'll be sharing that over the next few days. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and/or a good Thursday.

0 Comments:

|